I had an assignment due today, which I couldn’t even start because I had Death Cramps so bad I couldn’t stand up. That happens sometimes. When it does I spend a day or two avoiding life and all its obligations. Best of all, I’ve never bothered seeing a doctor before because I never thought it’d interfere with something actually important……… welp.
I’ve made that appointment now, heh. I don’t think it’s likely that the doctor’s going to consider Death Cramps a legit excuse (it’s so high school-y), but that just makes it even more of a reason to make sure that it doesn’t happen again – if only because I can’t handle the guilt of not handing something in. I deliberately went without sleep last night because the IRRATIONAL WOMAN!!!111 in me needed to punish myself somehow. You don’t go “Oh noes, I can’t do this assignment!” and then go to sleep. No. There must be suffering. I’m so tired of things not going as planned.
In the last hour or so I’ve started to be a little nicer to myself. Dropping out of university foreverrrr does not perhaps merit not being well enough to do a simple 15% assignment. Nevertheless, I still feel too guilty to study anything tonight (“OH SUUUREE YOU STUDY NOW, WHAT ABOUT LAST NIGHT WHEN YOU REALLY NEEDED TO DO THINGS HUH. HUHHHH“). So how do you fix this? Dollies! Here are the ones that I really adore. :3
So pretty~! Unless dolls freak you out. In which case, HAH now your day sucks as much as mine.
Fairy lights = ♥ ♥ ♥!
For weeks this was my main source of light because I was too scared to climb a step-ladder and change a light bulb.
I joined Pottermore just to find out what my house was.
I would be the laziest of all the Ravenclaws though. Answer a riddle to get to the common room? I’d rather sleep outside.
I got my mum hooked on Sherlock. Twelve minutes, I promised. That’s all it’ll take. She was addicted in three.
Wendy loves me
She sent me a surprise present in the mail. Are you jealous? I’d be jealous. Those eyebrows man, it looks so mean. I bet it wards off evil.
Studying late at night in a library is one of the most exciting things I do.
You’d think I’m being sarcastic, but remember – RAVENCLAW.
I like studying in empty libraries at night. I am incredibly fond of the med library, but I think the law library is my new favourite haunt. It’s even more of a maze and there are countless little rooms and nooks to hide in. I also like knowing that if there was a school shooter I’d be totally safe on one of the library’s more obscure floors; whenever I’m studying in the central library, I always try to guess my odds for survival because that’d be a definite target. But the law library! You’d be safe. Not even a law student would bother scouring that library because there’s only ever a trickle of people there.
Some more things
- The first assignment I handed in has come back with a raaather satisfactory A+. Honestly, I was super chuffed to have handed in something at all – it’s been a while since something so normal.
- Mid-semester break is over. It’s possible that I’ve tricked myself into thinking that since I’m on holiday I don’t technically need to study, so any study I putter my way through must be for the noble joy of learning.
- I just paid the invoice for my little MNF Chloe. COME TO MEEEE.
- My orchid plant nearly has ten flowers on it now! :3
- Another assignment handed in yesterday! I woke up far later than I planned and had to dash to university without a morning curl-controlling shower to finish off this essay before 5pm – luckily it didn’t boof out on me like a creature from the 80s. The day whoooshed past in a slightly panicky fashion and there’s a chance I didn’t do this assignment properly but WHATEVER MAN IT’S IN THE PAST NOW.
Here endeth the post of miscellaneous ramblings.
One day … possibly next year… I have to leave my dear wee hall of residence, and venture out into The Real World. This is far too scary, of course, so I’ll only do it if I have flatmates exactly like this:
- Can’t be a musician. They need to practise their ungodly music, and I don’t want to have to endure someone playing a violin all the time. Owwww.
Exception: if they play drums.
- Continuing on the theme of music. Must be able to appreciate that which is KYO SCREAMINNGGG. At home, I play Dir en grey’s Marrow of a Bone really loud on my stereo. It’s calming, what.
- Be a brilliant cook. If left by myself, I’ll cook the same thing for every meal… every day… until a few months later when I get bored of it and think of something else that I like eating all the time.
I’m rather good at cleaning, by the way – well, compared to the people on my floor anyway.
- Not be an idiot. But still, I don’t want someone who’s annoyingly good at everything. Cos then. Pencil in the eye when they’re sleeping.
…OOOH I DIDN’T SAY THAT.
- Bonus if they study what I do. I like the sharing of angst and notes (especially when I’m lazy and skip lectures, oh hahah).
- …Just not Japanese, because they tend to be way obsessed with Japan. Before you know it, that’s all they ever talk about because OMG COMMON INTERESTS RITE???
- Be super cute and adorable. Awwww.
It sounds like a personals ad, or something – but that list would look totally different. ;D
…Also I’m doomed and actually even if people like the above exist I still don’t want to flat next year. Woe.
I suddenly found this on my computer and it made me lol. This was written last Christmas, so before I went off to university-land and living at my hall of residence. I was trying to think of reasons why I should start worrying about it all.
The little text is from me, today. Right.
- I have developed a taste for shooting water guns, but these have been specifically forbidden from my hall of residence.
- O Week. >_> I wish I was going to some other hostel, where you get to swim around like sperm, and ta-da! You’re initiated. The place I’m going to? We build houses for the poor! Or something.
My group painted graffiti off a fence… and got in the newspaper for it. Was rather good.
- Paranoia that if I played music even on laptop speakers that the lyrics would offend someone from Japan. Or that some Japanese person will laugh at me for liking Gackt. WHICH HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME. WHAT.
…They laughed and they asked if I thought Gackt was good looking.
- Continuing with the above: I wouldn’t be able to listen to cracktastic songs by myself without someone walking past going “….is that….Disney?”
Headphones are amazing.
- What if the people are all passive aggressive psychos?
Only one is, lolololol.
- Won’t be able to pour tomato sauce on everything like I like to do.
- What if there’s not enough room for my stuff? I want my room to be chock full of my stuff, and just things that make me happy, but what if my room is too small for even the basics? o.o
You’d think so, with my room being the size of a shoebox, but no!
- What if everyone else’s whiteboards on their doors have lots of nice messages, but mine…. nothing?
Awww, that didn’t happen at all. ♥
- What if everyone there is incredibly ~*~MORAL~*~? Terrifyingly so?
Even Wikipedia has the place down as being very religious.
- Both TV rooms being booked, when I really want to watch House. Aiiiyyy!
When three quarters of the people you’re living with want to be doctors, this never happened.
The above? Proof that the great majority of what I ‘worry’ about is really really funny. Also worth saying that these, the greatest fears of mine, never happened. I like that.