Can I just say: I am a really nice adorable polite person and don’t engage in the sending of nasty emails unless they deserve it and I get all, “Ohhhh now you have to hear of my rage, because fuck you”. Even if the end result was pretty tame.
I first signed up at Holdfire in June 2011 because bloggers I really respect/fangirl over recommended it. I had lurked their forum for years without joining because I was so intimidated – they were my internet celebrities! ♥ I did eventually join (they said they liked my layout and I fainted), but that was right before I became obsessed with dolls and started spending all my time on DOA ajkl;sflkjfsd.
It turns out that I joined Holdfire well after its glory days, and I’d missed the part where my idols were no longer recommending this webhost. WHOOPS. In fact, they were warning everyone to switch hosts asap, but I hung on because I had faith that it’d improve. NOPE:
- Holdfire’s customers were never told about its new owners.
- We were never told that Holdfire had become Flared Host (wtf??). The Holdfire site doesn’t even redirect to Flared Host. Do they really expect us to start paying invoices to a company we’d never heard of before?
- We were never told when anything happened to the servers that might result in downtime.
- Judging from Twitter, everyone was affected by downtime. Any support tickets I’d send to Holdfire/Flared Host/I-dont-even-know were ignored.
- If I ever needed to visit my site, I’d genuinely be surprised if my website was up. That’s insane!
Whether it’s Holdfire or Flared Host, stay away from them both! I’ve been with namecheap for a couple of months now. They are amazing and wonderful and I love them.